Wednesday, 5 January 2011

What kind of media institutions might distribute your media and why

For distribution I would start with the most obvious way, of putting physical copies of the magazines in various popular retail shops for example WHSmiths and newsagents. This would allow the magazine to be available to my audience as they can go into a shop and buy it which is still the most popular way of getting a magazine. I would also sell the magazine in music stores such as HMV because people are already thinking of buying music in these shops. HMV would want to sell music magazines as it promotes their products.

I would also get my magazine distributed to supermarkets and garages such as Tesco as these places are becoming a good place to sell as it is convenient for the consumer to pick up the magazine whilst shopping rather than going to a specialist store which some people may not bother to do.


I would offer a slightly reduced rate for an annual subscription to the magazine which could be delivered by post. This way you would have guaranteed money for 12 months from customers. I could also advertise the subscription in other magazines and shops as a gift.




Lastly would put my magazine online with a subscription fee as increasingly more and more magazine companies are doing this as it makes it more convenient for the consumer as they don’t have to leave their house. Also young people are spending more and more time online so it would appeal to my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment