The Contents Page gave me an opportunity to use a large photo as the backdrop as there is not a great deal of writing involved other than a brief description of each editorial and its page number. I tilted the picture on its side to make a space for the title and the text. This gave the image the appearance of being in motion making it more dynamic. The picture also falls into a triangular point directing the reader to turn over to the next page
I used the fill tool to fill in areas of the picture in black which gave it a unique camouflage
style look, I avoided using it near the rapper's face so it was still easy to recognize. I also used the fill tool to fill in the corners of the page in black so the picture blended with the whole page. The picture had more of the rapper’s body in, than on the front page, as there was more room on this page. I also changed the pose of the rapper to keep it fresh and varied. I put a thin white border around the outside of the page as it contrasted well with the mass of black; this made the function of the page more apparent and contained the information.
I put the title of the page, here being “contents”, and the date in the top right corner so it did not overlap on the picture as it would have been harder to read. People naturally look to the top of the page to see what the page is about, so it made sense to put it here. It was in white so it again contrasted with the black background to make it easier to read and more prominent. At one point the border went through the text and as they were both white it looked like they joined together which looked stylish,however I thought It could look like a miss print so in the final cut it was removed.
I put the main body of text in the bottom right corner where it would not intrude over the picture too much, but still be an appropriate size to attract the reader’s attention. I followed the contours of the picture as the space got wider, this allowed more room for text and made the whole image flow naturally. Again most of the text was in white which contrasted with the black background to make it stand out. However the page numbers where in a grey colour so it was easy to identify what was the page numbers and what was the description. I put the name of the rapper in the picture, and the page number he was on, to the left of his photo in the corner which made sense as readers would associate this information with the picture.
I used the fill tool to fill in areas of the picture in black which gave it a unique camouflage
style look, I avoided using it near the rapper's face so it was still easy to recognize. I also used the fill tool to fill in the corners of the page in black so the picture blended with the whole page. The picture had more of the rapper’s body in, than on the front page, as there was more room on this page. I also changed the pose of the rapper to keep it fresh and varied. I put a thin white border around the outside of the page as it contrasted well with the mass of black; this made the function of the page more apparent and contained the information.
I put the title of the page, here being “contents”, and the date in the top right corner so it did not overlap on the picture as it would have been harder to read. People naturally look to the top of the page to see what the page is about, so it made sense to put it here. It was in white so it again contrasted with the black background to make it easier to read and more prominent. At one point the border went through the text and as they were both white it looked like they joined together which looked stylish,however I thought It could look like a miss print so in the final cut it was removed.
I put the main body of text in the bottom right corner where it would not intrude over the picture too much, but still be an appropriate size to attract the reader’s attention. I followed the contours of the picture as the space got wider, this allowed more room for text and made the whole image flow naturally. Again most of the text was in white which contrasted with the black background to make it stand out. However the page numbers where in a grey colour so it was easy to identify what was the page numbers and what was the description. I put the name of the rapper in the picture, and the page number he was on, to the left of his photo in the corner which made sense as readers would associate this information with the picture.


No comments:
Post a Comment