Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Taking photos

Today I took Photos of people who I cast to be my famous rap stars and celebrities. I took the pictures whilst the individual was in a variety of different poses and with a range of expressions. These expressions and poses were based on the images from front covers I analysed in research. I took the photos in different locations linked with the hip hop culture such as urban terrains. Some of the shots where outside in the woods which I thought would juxtapose the solid stance of the rap star.Others where shot inside our school in different rooms experimenting with the composition of images by using a variety of shots. these included long shots down corridors or wide shots showing the scape of the room. Sometimes I thought that the background didn't matter too much because I will probably edit it in post production. I discovered in research many front covers of magazines have simple white backgrounds in order to focus the viewers attention on the title, celebrity image and article text being shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment