Over the past few weeks I have been working on the media studies preliminary coursework assignment.
First I designed a questionnaire to find out what students wanted in their school magazine. I then got the questionnaire filled in by a number of students. I then had a better idea of what students would like to see in the magazine i was designing.
I then went out and took pictures of the school and of what the magazine would be covering and uploaded them onto the computer.
I then started designing the front cover. I made this in publisher as I am familiar with the software and it had everything I would need to create my cover. As with most magazines i had a large picture advertising the main story in the magazine which took up most of the page, I thought this worked well because it drew readers in. Around the picture was text about what else was in the magazine. The magazine title and Poole grammar logo where at the top of the page. Overall i thought my front cover came out quite well but could have been better.
My contents page was next and I did this in Microsoft word. I chose word because I am very familiar with it and the contents page would mainly be text with a few pictures which would not be edited except have a border. I made the list of contents and next to the list put the pictures which were associated with them.
Overall I felt this project went fairly well but I didn’t do anything that really stretched my skills. In the future I hope to use more complicated and intricate software such as Photoshop in order to create a better looking magazine and fully realize my potential for the project.
No comments:
Post a Comment